Client: St.George Bank
My Role: UX Consultant
St.George and Westpac online credit cards application were underperforming in converting applications into active new accounts. It was estimated 550k customers start an application yet do not complete, demonstrating a big opportunity to maximise conversion rates within the sales funnel process.
- simplified credit decisions
- provide online banking access for customers prior to an account being approved
- new card services within online banking
- targeted messaging to customers, and
- instant account creation
- Defining the Opportunity and Scope
- The set up and maintenance of the Design Wall – a great tool to engage stakeholders and display the user journey
- Prototyping – using Axure, and
- User Testing – engaging one of Westpac’s preferred research partners
An improved online credit card application flow that was shorter and easier to complete. The application provided early feedback on credit limits to applicants so they felt we were not wasting their time, and allowed them to explore products with limited features from within Online banking. This was achieved with the instant account creation.
In addition, we included a digital card concept which would was immediately available to use on online purchases right at the end of the application, while the new customers waits for the card to arrive on the mail!